Setting goals allow you to create your dream.
Work can be stressful and overwhelming and when you add in life and personal pressures, then challenges can sometimes feel much bigger than it really is.
Goals are ways of looking at the future that you really want. They are a target to help guide your life. So often people go through life with no idea what is next, planned or why.
So why it is not everyone achieves their goals? So that is only 3% of people who plan and make those goals to make things happen. What can you do to get in the top 3%?
- Your goals need to align with your values for your business and life. When you create goals that do align, then you generate growth.
- Set goals with confidence, and don’t make them too far out of reach. Believe in yourself
- You cannot out dream your self-esteem. Dream
- Start with the end in mind. Set goals that you can control in a way that creates momentum. Think big. This might be a long stretch but then you need to chunk them down. Give yourself time. Plan for success. Chunk down. Break them down into smaller goals that are achievable. Just like walking up steps, one step at a time.
- For the goal to be actionable, your vision must be concrete. Create a clear picture of the destination so that you can move toward it.
Provide enough detail to your vision so that it appears before your eyes, but not so specific that it becomes a tactical nightmare.
So often I see people saying that our business and personal lives are two totally different compartments. The reality is we are one person, and we move between the two phases, taking bits from one to the other. Your life, your family and your work impact one another. Set goals to support all the areas of your life.
It isn’t a magic wand, it does require careful consideration of what you want to achieve, and keeping yourself accountable to actually do the work. …. Stick With It!
So here’s the plan:
- Decide on what you want. The BIG thing – something you want to do or work towards.
- Write it down, add pictures or drawings to make them real.
- Then work backwards.
- Break your goal down. Chunking helps so that you have smaller steps to achieve
- Plan your first step. Create little tasks to achieve each day
- Keep going. Keep reviewing your achievements and your goals every 90 days.
- Celebrate your wins.
If in a boat off course by 1 degree for an hour, you can correct and bring back on course
If in a boat off course by 1 degree for 365 days – you are WAY off course.
With clarity in your life, comes confidence.
These tips can help you survive the overwhelm, and to get life back into perspective. Try them today.